Monday 26 November 2012

Coffee and Cake


     Let’s see, I have been reading a lot of information out there about blogs and ‘How yours can succeed,’ and have noted that I seem to be ignoring all their advice, which isn’t good. I’m wondering how people do it without life getting in the way, really people; help me out on this one. Somehow I don’t think work would let me reduce my hours just so I can keep up on top of  this or all the other marketing that’s needed to get your book noticed by more than family and friends.

     The thing is it’s all about marketing, you wouldn’t believe what I have on my Amazon wish list for goodie bags. I think that somewhere down the line you actually have to write a book and let someone take charge of your baby but even with their help you are still expected to get out there. Don’t people become writers so they can barricade themselves in their homes, never to see the light of day again? Well they may pop out for the odd book signing though you can do that via Kindle nowadays.

     So I need to be honest, I did set up this blog to get noticed but I don’t want to sit here and do a weekly rant, though I’m doing a good job right now. I want to be able to help, if I can, with those in the same position as me or maybe you are just setting out and thinking about writing and want some advise. Maybe you are a reader rather than a writer and therefore reviews and trailers are more your style?

     Seeing as though I have to get back to the daily grind of coffee and cake, no scratch that, what am I saying, I mean writing of course, I will leave you with two books that have been a great help to me recently.



250 Things you should know about writing didn’t exactly tell me anything I didn’t already know, but it is a great moral boost, that really helped me.

I had to include a blog book and out of all the information floating around out there, I found this very useful.

 

Enjoy!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment