Thursday 17 October 2013

About Time


Release date: 4th September 2013

Top Billing:  Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, Bill Nighy

At the age of 21 Tim is told that he can travel back in time, only on his own timeline and only to change the little things in life. For Tim the only thing he wants is to be in love, but the road to a wonderful girlfriend is not an easy one.

Everyone told me what a great feel good film this was and maybe if I was in a different mood, it might have been but as it was I didn’t really see it. It was the usual British film, very Four Weddings but as the writer was Richard Curtis, it’s not a surprise. The humour was low key and made me smile though the pace was slow and I did look at my watch from time to time.

The two main characters did nothing wrong, they didn’t quite fit for me but I really liked the relationship between Tim and his father. It was so nice to see a strong, healthy love for one another.  This film won’t be on my favourites list but it didn’t do anything wrong, just didn’t do anything special either.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment