Monday 7 October 2013

Steampunk Market - Leeds

I had no idea what to expect from my very first event. My books and swag waiting at the door as I left at 7:30 in the morning.


After setting everything up with Ninfa Hayes, a lovely author, and later with R A Smith we sat and waited. What strange and wonderful sights
awaited us. I had seen and heard about the Steampunk genre but nothing quite prepared me for the way they totally and utterly fell into their characters.

  Both women and men looked fabulous and the youth of today could do with a lesson or two on how to dress. The atmosphere was friendly with everyone willing to help.









Other authors were also present and they included Craig Hallam who's catch phrase 'embrace the weird,' was very apt, as well as Alex James and JP Bernett and a representative for L M Cooke. I also met a lovely lady Twinkle, of Twisted Twinkle fame. For those who don't know she makes fairy wings which are absolutely amazing.
JP Bernett

Craig Hallam



Twisted Twinkle
 
Arriving home at 7:30 at night, I was exhausted, not sure how, but it really is tiring to sit and chat all day, honest, and I did it all again next day.

It was a great experience and I am glad I did it. I have learned a few things and hopefully the next will be more successful, well you never know.

Thank you to everyone that came and I hope you enjoyed it as much as me.


No comments:

Post a Comment