Thursday 19 November 2015

#LeedsAuthorEvent2016 Spotlight: Nikki Groom

On Saturday 5th March 2016 Hourglass Events will be hosting an author signing with over 60 amazing authors, a beautiful city centre venue and a chance to dine & party with authors & friends in the evening!

The event will be held at the
Leeds Marriott hotel (Website)

4 Trevelyan Square, Boar Lane Leeds England LS1 6ET United Kingdom

Tickets will sell through Eventbrite at a cost of £12.50 per ticket plus a eventbrite booking fee for the signing
AM Tickets ~ 10 am – 12.30 pm
PM Tickets ~ 1.30 pm – 4pm
All day tickets ~ 10 am - 5 pm ( 1-2 pm lunch out of the hall) £20.50 plus booking fee

Masquerade Ball tickets are £46.00 plus a eventbrite booking fee
All author details can be found here Here
 Order your tickets 

Every couple of days from now until then I will be doing a spotlight on my blog for each of the attending authors, I can't wait to meet them all personally on the day!

Today's featured author is...

Nikki Groom



Author Bio:
Nikki Groom is a hopeless romantic, lover of all things happily ever after and firm believer that love makes the world go around.
In her spare time, you will find Nikki laughing with her very treasured family, walking with her beloved dog in the hundred acre wood or curled up in a cosy corner with words and wine.
She lives in East Sussex with her husband and two children. Having turned her hand to many things over the years, Nikki is now proud to add ‘author’ to that list.
Having always been a dreamer, Nikki’s imagination stretches far and wide, which enables her to get lost in faraway places and imaginary people.
Her debut novel is ‘Holding Aces’ which will be released late Spring 2014.

Nikki loves to chat, especially about books! You can find her here…

Stalker Links:

Holding Aces (The Kingdom #1)
Buy Links:
Blurb:
They say that time heals all wounds.
But mine are set in so deeply, they’ve taken on a life of their own, lurking in the shadows at every turn and haunting my thoughts.

The girl I once was has been replaced by a stranger.
I don’t even know who I am anymore.

I run.
And I hide.
Pretending to be someone I’m not…

Until I meet Denham King.
My burst of color in an otherwise grey world.
And for the first time in my life, I find myself running towards someone instead of running away.

But fate can be cruel,
and I can’t escape my past.
Can I?

Holding Aces is part one of a two part Adult Contemporary Romance series that contains mature sexual content and language and is not intended for readers under the age of 18. Please note: This is not a dark romance.

High Stakes (The Kingdom #2)
Buy Links:
Blurb:
High Stakes is the conclusion to The Kingdom Series. It is not a stand alone. Holding Aces is book 1 and should be read first.

“Stupid. Beautiful. Girl. How did you ever think you could be free?”

The last words I heard before the darkness took me and my dreams were shattered

I was on my way to having it all.
Friends, family and a future.
Everything I had wished for but never thought possible.

Denham King showed me just how good life could be. A life where love and happiness were within reach.

Almost.

I should have known it would never last.
My past is a dark, damp cloud, that has seeped into my skin and left a cold promise.
A promise of hurt and pain.
A promise of a long, hard fight, where the stakes are high and the risks threaten lives.

When your world gets thrown in all directions, and your dreams for the future are torn from your grasp; how do you go on?

Can I fight the demons that haunt me?
Can love save me from fate’s cruel path?

Against the Tide
Buy Links:
Blurb:
I was happy until I met him.
I was content until I met her.
That's a lie. I was lonely.
That's a lie. I was incomplete.
He was nothing but a handsome distraction.
She was nothing but a pretty pastime.
That's untrue. He changed my life.
That's untrue. She altered my world.
I blame him.
I blame her.
I blame myself. He wasn't to know.
I blame myself. It wasn't her fault.
I don't want to need him.
I hate that I want her.
There's no easy solution.
There's no going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment